May 16 Meeting
- Plan backpacking for this weekend. Use the link below to tell us if you are going, or not going.
- More information will come and here is some standard backpacking info:
- Scouts will need a hiking grade backpack, a good pair of hiking boots, a backpacking tent or Hammock, wet weather gear, at least 2-3 sets of summer clothes, mole skin, 3-4 pair of socks, and minimally 2-3 Nalgene type water bottles. (So you can carry 2-3 liters of water).
- Scouts will need to bring their own food for this trip; 3 meals for Saturday and 2 meals for Sunday. Recommend freeze dried food that can be eaten by adding warm water.
- No need to buy a Jet Boil, there are plenty of people with Jet Boils in the troop that you can use.
- Tonight we will do some requirements with ropes
- We swam last week and had some fun too.
- Some got to work on requirement 5c too; some life saving techniques.
- Not drowning, you or any scout ever, is actually a big part of scouts.
- Uniforms – May has a uniform contest going – way to go, Spartans take the early lead.
- Pants are the toughest – Does an enterprising parent want to organize a size swap?
- Neckerchief slides can be second toughest – search youtube for make a neckerchief slide.
- Confirmed, prize will be fame AND fortune.
- Summer camp
- Finish payment
- The scouts all received a printed schedule
- May 20th should be backpacking, and a trek that should include options for first time backpackers.
- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4EA5AC2FA6F9C52-sipseyWe will return to the Sipsey Trail area of the Bankhead Forest on May 20-22 2022 for camping and backpacking. Please use the link above to let us know if you’ll be attending or not.This is one of the best trips we take throughout the year, so don’t miss out!
- We have checklists, removed the need to collect money, and are looking for new trek masters.
- Can’t do a full trek? Organize a Saturday morning hike on rainbow mountain, or a Saturday afternoon bowling, or a friday night bike ride, etc. We can help you.
- Come to the committee – see what its all about and how you can help.
- We need a secretary and a “Webelo Whisperer”
- You can help your boys have the best scouting experience even if you can’t go camping or be at Monday meetings (committee things are typically Thursday).
- Don’t want to pay dues in a lump sum? Do what I did, subscribe via Paypal. $25/month PayPal subscription
- Set that up here: https://bsa351.org/t351-home-page/join-the-troop/).
- Note: I also used paypal to make my summer camp deposit.
- Monday Nights 19:00 – 20:30 except on holidays or severe weather
- No school in Madison City, no meeting.
- Asbury UMC Five Points Gym (google maps 34.728737, -86.742075)
- New Scouts are welcome, and encouraged to contact Scoutmaster and Committee chair in advance
- Next Chapter Meeting: June??? (Not sure when the summer break starts…find them online for details).Round Table Location:First United Methodist Church
120 Greene St. Huntsville, Al.
- Find us Online!
2021-2022 Planning Calendar